What to bring when you hike or run
We’ve put together a list of things you should pack. There will be variations for each individual trip, but if you stuff the following in you backpack, you are sure not to miss anything. Please have in mind that ‘Need to have’ items are selected for your safety.
Need to have:
● Lightweight waterproof shell
● Sunscreen with a high factor
● Smartphone with relevant trip app, WhatsApp and coded number for local representative.
● Survival blanket
● Thin hat, cap + Thin gloves (merino or similar).
● Daypack for hiking (tours with luggage transport)
● Duffel bag or similar (trips with luggage transport). DO NOT pack in suitcases.
● 30 L rucksack on trips up to 6 days (without luggage transport)
● 40 L rucksack on trips longer than 6 days (without luggage transport)
● Quick-drying inner layer
● Shorts (quick drying)
● Technical t-shirt (quick drying)
● Fleece sweater for cool evenings
● A pair of comfortable jogging bottoms or similar for the cabins
● Good mountain shoes – trail running shoes or hiking boots
● Light towel
● Water bottle (1,5 L)
● A pair of thick socks or light slippers (you can often borrow a pair in the cabins).
● A few energy bars, fruit or similar. for the trip.
● Sheet liner – can also be purchased on site. (only if you are staying in a dormitory).
● Small first aid kit
● Comped or similar
Nice to have:
● Walking poles
● Power bank
● Sandals for the cabins
● Plastic bags to keep things dry